Thursday, May 20, 2010

I think we need to think realistically about this one!

Tig had to write a quick paragraph today for her reading about chores. I love reading what the kids think about things, but this one sort of caught me off guard!

Chores for a Sixth Grader

I think a sixth grader (like myself) should have the same number of chores as they are old, divided in half to do before bed. And they can do each chore for a certain amount of money as listed below:
I. Bedroom (making bed, cleaning floor, etc) $2.00
II. Vacuuming the house $3.50
III. Cleaning one bathroom $3.00
IV. Cleaning the front room $1.50
V. Cleaning the windows $.50
VI. Filling the bird feeders (to be done last) $4.00

I would use my allowance to buy the viola I am saving up for, and then I would use the rest to take my parents out on a date to the movies, then for dinner at their favorite restaurant, and then for ice cream at Sub Zero.

Really? $4.00 to fill the bird feeder? The entire 5lb bag of bird food was only $6! I could just pour it out on the lawn for cheaper than it would be to have her fill the feeders twice a month! I why so much for that one? Filling the bird feeders takes like 5 minutes and is fun to do! Maybe we need to start focusing on economics a little more in school!

4 comments:

Smithclan said...

That's what I thought too! She is so funny. The windows and bird feeder are mixed in my opinion. I love feeding the birds!

mom said...

i liked the part about doing windows for 50 cents. I'll hire her. Send her on over!!!!

Klin said...

Melba Montgomery sang a song called "No Charge." I'd have her listen to that. And do economics in school. It can't hurt ;)

Affairs of Dragons said...

I want to live in her world. I like getting paid $2 to make my bed but $3 for a bathroom? No way.