We started the week out with a pack meeting. Garrett received two more belt loops that he and all the other boys had earned at their summer day camp - archery and bb shooting.
He also earned another arrow head - his tenth - each of which represent 10 arrow point activities completed. He also received his summertime activity award, and his world conservation award. He had completed a third badge, but the scout store was out of them, so he will hopefully get it next month at that pack meeting.
Then we participated in a service project to help the family of a service man in our neighborhood while he is deployed.
And the term "we" is kind of lightly applied! A few of us did a great job helping weed and edge, while others were great conversationalists and supervisors.

Later that week I got to go to a MNO (Mom's Night Out) with my home school moms. We all shared our favorite curriculum and school items. It was a great night and I loved being able to flip through the different books and get a feel for how I liked/disliked them. It was one of Tig's first times babysitting for a long time - almost 4 hours. She did an okay job, but I did have to remind her of a few key babysitting techniques - my favorite being to make sure the house is cleaner than when mom left it!

Then on Friday we headed down to visit Grandma and Grandpa and we stopped at the site of two pioneer brick making kilns that are still standing from the late 1840's.
We spent the night with them and Daddy came down after he got of work and drove the RV so we could park it at their place again.
The biggest new from last week was that we accepted an internship offer for Scott to work with a company up in their Everett, Washington plant. It will be until sometime around the new year and now we are just working on getting his clearance and screenings and such. Our biggest dilemma was trying to figure out if we were going to go with him for those 4 months or if he was going to go alone. We came up with great reasons to do either option, but I think (I could still be easily swayed) that we are going to stay behind and keep our house. If we left, then when we returned we wouldn't have a home to come back to and we would have to find a new place to stay while he finished up his last couple of semester/terms.
It is going to be a long, hard 4 months, I already have a little guy (Garrett) who cries every night about Daddy being gone, and he isn't even gone yet! And I am anticipating serious mood changes in the other two boys as well once Dad is away. But, we can do it, and we will do it.
And to look on a positive side - this means that I will have one more person reading my blog!
3 comments:
Hey, I'm reading them:) Love ya - Dad
Scott, I'm so proud of what you are doing and I've told anyone who would listen to the changes going on in you and your families lives. I'm sure you're being guided in the right direction whatever you all decide to do. When opportunity knocks...you've got to let it in. Semper Fi, Paul
:) You sound so determined.
We'll be here to talk to, also. And if you need to drop off a couple kids sometimes, a few more doesn't make much of a difference in our family, haha. ANd we live pretty close to you so... please let me know/help if you need it.
Post a Comment