Every year our homeschool group has a First Feast near Thanksgiving time. We get together with our families and celebrate Thanksgiving the way the Pilgrims and indians did on that first Thanksgiving. We eat cod and venison, berries, corn pudding, squash and other foods that they ate. Some families dress up like either pilgrims or indians and we do activities like grinding corn, making corn husk dolls, shoot bows and arrows, or tell stories about the first settlers.
We get together in Payson Canyon where the leaves have already changed into their autumn beauty and where it feels very festive.
This year, the wonderful fall feeling was in full force once again. I meant to take pictures of the kids doing some of the festivities or of the other kids in the homeschool group, but I got caught up in the great backdrops, and I just took pictures of my kids in the hopes of updating some of their pictures on the wall in our house. Here are some of the pictures I got of them:
Teagan: 12, giggly, independant, responsible
Emmett: 2 1/2, funny, outdoor loving, cuddly
Duncan: 2 months, sleepy, soft, adorable
Owen: almost 7, energetic, nature lover, sweet
Garrett: 10, handyman, helpful, lego lover
There weren't any super great pictures because I was in a hurry to leave but wanted to snag some quick head shots before we left the canyon, but these came out pretty well and they helped seal the memory in my mind!
1 comment:
Love the closeups! Teagan is getting WAY too old. Slow her down a bit, Kris!
Pictures of the dunkin donut are cute! He's such a white boy! I think he needs some of Owen rubbing off on him. Get that boy in the sunshine!
Post a Comment