Saturday, October 29, 2011

We finally made it

We have been living in this BYU bubble for over 6 years now and have yet to make it to any sort of a sporting event despite how close we live and how frequent they have been. It might have something to do with the fact that we aren't a sports fan family...that is something that I love about us. We just have never had the time to invest into any sport to get wrapped up into it.
Living so close to so many sports, and being BYU fans, it seems a shame! Every year we have won, or been given free tickets to something or other and we have just passed them on to family and friends (much to the chagrin of Garrett who really wanted to go to something...anything)

But since our friend made in on the BYU basketball team we have really wanted to go to a  game and support him. This year we finally made it - two months before we are gone and won't ever have the chance again to go to a BYU home game.
 Brandon Davies is a really great basketball player, and an even great guy! We went there with lots of friends and most of Brandon's family and we had a great time! We thought it was funny because he seems like such a tall guy when he is around us 'normal people' - his 6'9" self is a giant around most of us. But on the basketball team, he has just about average stature for all the guys. The tallest one was 6'11". It was neat to hear all the players' height and see how many 6'+ guys there can be in one room!
We got there an hour early to get close seats and the kids all got to sit near friends. The highlight of the kids' night was them making it on the big megatron screen for being great cheerleaders!
It was such a fun night! I wish I had known how much fun going to sports could be...I would have started a long time ago!

1 comment:

Klin said...

Uhm, yeah. I love THAT young man!!! Lucky you for getting to go. I'm sure it was great to see him play live.

Lucky Ducks.