Duncan at pack meeting just lounging around. Tig took these pictures with her camera
Garrett had his first pack meeting as weblos. He earned a lot of badges and other things this month because it's been a while since his leaders have been able to get them.
The weather had been so beautiful that we were spending a lot of time outside. Emmy loves bugs - all kinds. He will frequently bring me a wasp or an earwig that he caught. So we try to focus on which are good bugs and which are ouchie bugs! Here is one of our favorite 'good guy bugs'. (His other favorite good guy bug was a leaf bug that liked to hang around our back yard. He wasn't a fast enough bug to avoid being repetitively caught.) It's like one of thos Eye Spy pictures!
So that is us. We're doing school, preserving foods for the winter, thinning out the junk in our house and packing up boxes so we don't have to move too much. We've learned about Charlamagne, Michaelangelo, the vikings, and Jackson Polluck in school this week. Teagan finished up her Pre-Algebra book and will start on her Algebra book as soon as it gets here in the mail. Owen flew through another 2 weeks of math lessons in one week, and Garrett found that he likes multiplying fractions.
Life is full, but good. As long as I don't focus on the cold hard facts of our upcoming move, life is alright! I think it is the fulness of my time that is actually keeping me mostly sane. We have good things going on and as long as I am focused on those things, then there is no room in my mind or time in the day for me to dwell on the sadder side of reality! At the end of each day, after I have put the bigger kids to bed already and I am cuddling with the little two and putting them to bed, I realize how great of a life I have.(Emmy put Duncan to sleep last night and in turn Duncan put Emmy to sleep, too!)
I have 5 beautiful children who bring the greatest joy to me.
I have 5 beautiful children who bring the greatest joy to me.
A hubby who works hard to provide for our large family, supports me in all my major decisions, and loves me despite all my flaws.
We have a sure job with a great company after he graduates and are in the perfect spot housing wise (renting month-to-month now and looking to buy in a buyers market).
Our kids are healthy and happy.
Food is always on the table and we have clothes for every season and shoes for every weather.
How could we possibly look for anything more in our lives?
3 comments:
what flaws? phhshhh
Love the picture of Emmett and Donut. How cute is that!
Big, BIG hugs to you guys - and an extra one for you, alright? I was stressed enough just moving exactly 2 people; you are Superwoman right now! Mucho love coming to ya from Kuwait!
Post a Comment