Wednesday, June 20, 2012

An easy buck earned

Last month there was a talent show put on by our ward and I really wanted the kids to participate. I thought it might help them feel a little more comfortable and immersed in our new ward, but they all were a little bit hesitant to jump on board with my thought process.
Since they are always looking for ways to earn money, I told them that I would pay a dollar to anyone who performed at the talent show. Suddenly I had three interested  and eager participants! They chose the talent they wanted to display and started practicing.

The first video is of a very nervous Teagan playing In The Hall of the Mountain King by Greig. You can tell she is nervous by how fast she is playing!

This second video is of Garrett playing his version of Carol of the Bells. After he was done, a lady came up to me and told me how much she loved Garrett playing Transiberian Orchestra's Carol of the Bells rendition...so apparently his version worked for some people!
Emme was supposed to be dinging the triangle during Garrett's piano song, but he got a serious case of stage fright and refused!

Owen almost didn't go up on the final night to perform his talent; even after  practicing for a week and having it down pat But at the last minute he reluctantly agreed to go up since his name was already on the program and he did an excellent job! His talent was signing the book Brown Bear, Brown Bear in ASL. He had a lot of people come up to him after the evening was over and comment on it. We have that one recorded also, but I can't seem to get it to post. I think it might be too big of a file...but he did great at it all the same!

So at the end of the night all three kids earned their dollar and were proud that they accomplished their goal to perform in front of their friends.

It was a three dollars well spent on my part!

2 comments:

Smithclan said...

thank you for posting. love seeing everyone. and the videos are so fun too.

Mom said...

Didn't realize that Teagan and Garrett could play so well! Congrats to them and also to you, Kris for encouraging them to continue learning the piano! You're a good mom!! (oh, and I love the new picture up top with the 3 boys!)