Mornings come early around our house.
Scott is up and out of the door before 5:oo.
Then Emme wakes up and cuddles in bed with me for the rest of his sleep time. He will eventually wake up for good around 8:00. He goes straight to his room and changes from his jammies into day clothes - usually a swim shirt and some trunks, but I don't complain because he's trying to learn on his own and kudos to him for that!
Teagan is usually the next one awake after Scottie; her alarm goes off at 6:15. Then she lays in bed and reads until I tell her it is finally time for her to officially start her morning. She will stay in her jammies all day long and until the very last moment possible...she loves being comfy!
Owen is my wild cards. Sometimes Owen will be up at sunrise, get changed into day clothes, and be awake long before my alarm goes off at 7:45; but sometimes he likes to sleep in until 7:30 or 8 and take the day slower. When he wakes up long before I do he simply heads to the school room and starts on his schoolwork for the day and stays busy until I call him down for breakfast. (I love those days!)
Garrett on the other hand, very much enjoys his sleep. He will sleep in until I wake him up and then groggily amble downstairs for breakfast. He has always been a reluctant waker ever since he was a tee-tiny baby, so I guess he's given me fair warning of how he was going to be!
And finally there is our Dunky-Do. He is in bed by 8:30 every night and doesn't wake up uptil 4:30 for a quick little early morning snack. After nursing for 4 or 5 minutes he is ready to be laid back down and then he will sleep for another couple of hours. He usually wakes up for good somewhere around 6:45 or 7. BUT . . . once he wakes up he will stay in his crib and talk to the animals on the bumper pad or play with his blankies or do whatever else to entertain himself until I'm ready to get him out! It is A . M . A . Z . I . N . G! Somewhere around 8 when I finally come to get him, this is what I am greeted with...
A happy boy, a toothy grin, and his blanket. He beams a smile at me and my day is brighter already! Teagan and I often race to see who can get Dunky up first because we love that first exhilarating smile that he gives to the person who comes and gets him out of his crib. A lot of times she wins. Other times I let her win because seeing her light up with the excitement of getting the baby is enough to lift my spirits as well!
I love having awesome kids!
No comments:
Post a Comment