I've been in sort of a blogging blah mood lately; which explains the lack of posts from us lately. I'm not sure where it stems from, but I am trying to reverse it because I think that blogging is like keeping a family history/journal and when we go back and look at the years past, that the posts will be a wonderful walk down memory lane for us. It already is now. Garrett loves going back and looking through the past couple of years' posts. So yeah, I am forcing myself to post things because I know eventually I will get back in the groove and it will be an easy thing for me again. But for now, I am just going to play some catch up games with things I skipped during my blogging interim.
For Mother's Day Scott made me a raised garden in the backyard. It is b . e . a . u . t . i . f . u . l! We worked on it together, but it was his design and most of his handiwork (although he did let me use the saw a couple of times to cut boards - I love power tools!)
Most of the plants have grown a good bit since this picture was taken. The lettuce we harvest every other day for dinner salads. The basil we use almost every other day. The potato plants have sprouted out from the dirt and the corn is already a couple of feet tall. Lots of beautiful growth in my lovely garden! I even have green tomatoes on my tomato plants!
I planted zucchini, crooked neck squash, cucumbers, cantaloupe, and mint (I put him in the pot to help maintain his tendency to overpower all the other kids on the playground). Chives, onions, three types of lettuce, two kinds of basil, two types of corn, pole beans, bush beans and lots of spinach. Three different tomato types, rosemary, cilantro, dill, garlic seeds, carrots and potatoes from some ones in the kitchen that had started growing eyes. But my favorite find that we added to the garden was a stevia plant - man is he yummy! I don't know exactly how to use him in baking and cooking but I am excited to experiment with him this summer!
I love my little garden box! Now we are working on setting up a place in the corner for me to plant some blueberry bushes and strawberry starts and then we will have ourselves a nice little farmer's market in our own backyard!



No comments:
Post a Comment