Sunday, September 9, 2012

An unexpected surprise

 When I was loading pictures on the computer a couple of days ago I came across one that kinda shocked me.
Someone had put a snake on my kitchen counter!!

There are only two kinds of snakes in western Washington - garter snakes and rubber snakes - both are non-venomous. This was just a common garter snake, so I wasn't worried about the kids playing with it; but,
IT WAS ON MY COUNTER!!
I PREPARE FOOD THERE!

I had in idea who the culprit was, and then I found proof:


Owen was the mastermind, but the other side of the camera held his accomplice and since I had no proof, I went to my first suspect and interrogated him - Garrett.

I asked Garrett if he had disinfected the counters after the snake was done slithering on them and his answer was, "Well, I didn't disinfect them like you would, with, like, cleaners and everything, but I did wipe it off like this..." and he swooshed his hand across an invisible counter.

Thanks, boys. I don't remember what we ate that night for dinner, but a little part of me hopes that I did chop your onions on the counter later that day so you had snake scales in your soup!

You've gotta love boys!

No comments: