I found out about this company, House Party, from my mom. She had gone to a Ball canning party thrown by one of her friends and thought it would be something I might be interested in. So I looked into it.
You sign up with this company and sign up to host different types of parties. You fill out a short survey so they can see if you fit they type of person they are looking for, and if you are chosen, then they send you free things for you to try out and send your opinion back. It's sort of like you are semi-free advertising for them; or a research group for their products. Either way, it's a pretty sweet deal to me!
We've hosted two Kinect game parties - one for Just Dance 3 and one for the new Disney/Pixar game - and a Philly Cream Cheese party for their new line of pasta sauces. For the Kinect parties, they sent us the free game to try out with our friends, and for the Philly party, I got a great new Green pan and other kitchen goodies. But this new party we were chosen for is the favorite of our house by far!
We were chosen to have Emme and I host a toddler boys' Fisher-Price play date and they sent us about $300 of toys from two of their new lines - the Talon Castle and the Rev n' Go Cars. Emme was SUPER excited!
Now we just have to invite all of his little boy friends over to come and play with the new toys! Afterwards, the moms are asked to fill out online surveys about the toys their kids played with and that is that. We keep the toys, the moms get some goodie bags filled with coupons and fun stuff from Fisher-Price, Fisher-Price gets real-life feed back, and everyone is happy!
The kids were so thrilled to open the box today when it came and were a bit disappointed when I told them we weren't going to open the toys until the party day. But the party is only two weeks away, so they don't have too long to wait! I think the big kids were most excited about the castle set - it has infrared sensors on each of the toys so they 'talk' to each other when they get near. Teagan's favorite part is that they all speak with a Scottish accent!
Owen loved the toys, too, but was happy enough just to get to play in the giant box the toys came in.
Emme is most excited about the car set that it came with. (I'm excited that the cars don't make as much noise as the castle set does!)
We were kind of blown away by the amount of toys that came in the party pack and are thinking about sharing some of them with the little guys who come to the party. This is more toys than they get over a couple of Christmases, so they are okay with the idea of sharing with the party guests. (It's interesting how they could all see the 'surplus' of toys that came and had no problem with the idea of giving some of them away!)
And even though the toys didn't come from me, Emme thanked me over and over again all the same. So I got the gratitude for being part of a fun company who sends me free stuff to try out and keep! Awesome!
1 comment:
Can't believe how many toys you got! That was one big box!!
And I LOVE the picture you have up on the front page of Scott with the boys. I love his full beard! It looks very dashing on him!
Post a Comment