Friday, September 21, 2012

Kick it, girl!

Tig is really starting to enjoy soccer. She was a little hesitant at first because she is playing on an advanced team even though is is anything but advanced. But she is getting better each practice she goes to, and she is starting to be able to hold her own. She even did a header in this last game to assist a goal!
 
To get to her game, we had to take a ferry across the sound to get to the island. It was our first time on a ferry and the kids thought it was so awesome!
 It was pretty fun to drive our van onto the boat and then get out and walk around, but it was also very chilly! These are Teagan's and Garrett's best friends (who happen to be brother and sister, also), Orion and Kelsey. Kelsey is on the same team as Teagan and was the one who asked her to join this team. Orion is 5 weeks younger than Garrett and Kelsey is 7 months younger than Teagan.
 I loved that we were able to get an updated picture of the whole family and no one was making too crazy of a face, or looking in the wrong direction, or crying!
 At the game, Scott took the boys to a children's safety fair that was going on down the hill while I stayed and cheered Teagan and her team on. The boys got to climb a 50' rock wall and sit in a fire truck and all sorts of fun stuff while Teagan played mid defense in her game. I forgot that I had my camera with me for most of it, but I did snag a couple of shots of her in action. She is number 15 - the one with the pretty braids :-) (Kelsey is the girl behind Teagan in the bright blue cleats. Tig is usually a forward, so they don't get to be close to each other often, but this game she was put in a different position so they got to be in the same shot together! )
 Up by the fields there was a memorial to a young teenage boy who had passed away. It was carved out of a tree stump and was pretty awesome. The boys loved it and each had their picture taken sitting in the carved out chair.
Someone put a lot of effort in making it a nice memorial. There were little hidden surprises on all sides. A at curled up under the chair itself. A soccer ball rolled under the chair. A book draped over one of the arms and a tiny dragonfly on the back side of it. It really was neat.

 Emme spent the most time sitting in it and tried to get Duncan to stay with him, but Dunc wasn't too interested in staying still for long. (Look at the color contrast between those two boys. you wouldn't think they were brothers!)
 We gave him his chance to work some of his energy out after the game ended. Having him sit there and not be able to play with his favorite thing (a ball) while everyone else got to was pretty much baby torture for the little boy!

 On the ferry ride back home we got another great thrill for us when we looked out the car window and saw a seal playing in the harbor as we crossed! The seagulls were dive bombing his little head, so I was never able to get a good shot of him because he kept diving back under the water to avoid their pesky little beaks!
 Well, not ALL of us got to see the seal...someone had had all the fun he could handle and slept his way home.
 But the rest of us were elated to see our first real life seal; one not in a zoobehind glass or not on a TV documentary.

1 comment:

Smithclan said...

Gooooo Tig! I'll send you 1$ for each goal you ASSIST! Let me know! Did I tell you a story about Brandi Chastain (a famous soccer girl). Her grandpa gave her 1$ every time she scored a goal and 2$ every time she did an assist. Pretty cool huh?! I can't decide which I like better defense or offense. I think I'mma go with defense...got too many of those in my house. LOVE YOU chica!