Now that Garrett is 11, he's no longer a cub scout; now he is an actual BOY scout. So, I wanted to finish his cub scout memory board so that he could look back on all the fun he's had over the past three years, and keep that excitement going as he begins boy scouts. Now, in his room, over by his dresser, he has his very own memory corner.
The biggest thing in it is his cub scout memory board with all his ribbons, badges, and pins that he earned. (All it is missing is the shoulder badge and troop numbers for his troop out here. I told him I would add that latter on after I bought new ones. His old ones went on Owen's soon-to-be cub scout shirt!)
He also has a little shelf with his three pine wood derby cars on it. We just added the Lego people this year, so they didn't get the chance to be in the actual races! He won second on his first year with the flame car, then he won first in his second year with the eagle car, and then he won fourth his last year with the striped car.
The cars are under his baptism picture that has all the well wishes and signatures from everyone who was able to attend his baptism. He reads that fairly often and remembers that day with happy memories.
So that's his happy little corner. His dresser holds all his trophies from 4-H and Reflections contests and the walls have all his happy memories on them to make him smile. The last thing I am wanting to get for him is that I want to make him an arrow for his Arrow of Light award and have it hanging from the bottom of his memory board. We'll see how long that one takes me to finish!
Owen is so excited to start cub scouts in November and to start making his own collection of badges and pins and belt loops so he can have his own happy corner over by his dresser, too! He's told Garrett that his will be just as full if not FULLER by the time he finishes cub scouts himself.
2 comments:
Love your boys space! Do you have your own scout shop there? I guess you would...it's not like you live in timbuktoo...just saying if you need anything let me know. Congrats Garrett! Wow that's alot of awards you worked for! Try to get your eagle by the time you're 15!
And can't wait to see little Owen get going now too! He's been waiting for soooo long!
Post a Comment