I know it was a month ago, but I never did get a round to posting about Duncan's first birthday - a monumentous occasion for every little guy.I still have a video from him trying out his chocolate cupcake, but it is on my phone and I am having technical difficulties getting it to cooperate tonight. Hopefully I'll be able to get it to load; he was funny with it when he first got it and wouldn't touch with because he didn't like the feel of the mushy frosting!
He had a good little birthday. We loved on him and sang birthday songs to him all day and let him have his first taste of some sweets he hasn't been able to eat until now (cupcakes, cookies, etc.). He got a pair of shoes that squeak every time he steps down and he LOVES them! He giggled when he first put them on and was stomping his feet on purpose to make them squeak. He loved when I sang to him throughout the day, and even would rock and sway and dance to it, but when we sang as a group to him that night when we were at the Green's house for dinner and Lego league he thought we were all out of our minds! The look of confusion that was on his face as we sang was wonderful!
I can't believe it's been a year already. HE seems like such a little baby still. When I took him in for his one year check up he was barely in the 10th percentile for height and weight, so he is still a little guy! But what a happy, wonderful, terrific little guy he is! He's our little Duncan Scott!Duncan's nicknames:
Dunky (sometimes also called Dunky Monkey, Chunky Dunky, or Chunky Dunky Monkey)
Duncs (this one was given to him by Emme)
Dunkers (Teagan is the main user of this one)
Sparky (also called Sparky Sparky Boom Man)
Dunky Doodle
favorite things:
his Wendi blankets
balls of any kind or size - prefers round ones he can kick along the ground (as opposed to footballs)
finger foods
watermelon
being in his own crib to sleep
sticking to his schedule
bouncing on the trampoline
Emme being silly
warm water to drink
dancing to music
his squeaky shoes
1 comment:
OH my goodness! I can't believe he's 1 already! I remember when you got those squeaky shoes. Your pictures are soooo beautiful!!! You capture some very great faces, scenery, and action shots! I loved catching up with everyone! My favorite picture is...the one with emme and dunc in the special chair and oh i have two and then emme sitting by himself.
Post a Comment