(sung to the tune of: O Christmas Tree)
Oh, skeletons! Oh, skeletons!
Rattling down my hallway
Oh, skeletons! Oh, skeletons!
Rattling in my attic...
Let them know the day is here
When your spirit will appear.
Oh skeletons! Oh skeletons!
Rattle through your graveyard!
Emme has been singing this song every single day. He has been so looking forward to Halloween coming and to going trick-or-treating.We aren't sure where his excitement is coming from since he has slept through all three of his other Halloweens! He did an okay job this year, but his energy puttered out after about 6 or 7 houses. He figured he had collected some candy, he was done and didn't need any more! We had already gone around our little town square and played some games and had some yummy treats, so he had already done some fun Halloween things.
(here is his first Halloween)
Tonight we had time to add some make up to Owen's costume, so now he looked more like a scarecrow should.
Teagan went as Snow White and just kept her hair covered to hide the fact that we didn't color it black like the real Snow White.Emme wanted his face painted also, but our orange face paint ended up looking kinda sickly once it was put on, so he ended up looking like a pumpkin that had come from a dirty patch!
It had been sprinkling all day, and there was a 75% chance of it throughout the evening, but luckily it held off and the kids were able to go out trick-or-treating without umbrellas and rain jackets!
Our first stop was the little museum in town where they had fun games set up throughout the museum for the kids to do to win treats. Emme loved the carnival type games, but was already showing signs of slowing down.He did enjoy the donut eating station, though! Being so short, he had great form in coming to the donut from below and grabbing it on the first try.
Tig's form needed a little of work, and her donut goobered her face with maple frosting a bit before she was able to take a big bite out of the bottom of it!
After walking down main street, we walked around our block, with Emme only going to every third or fourth house. The Greens had met up with us, so once we made it back to our house I stayed home with Duncan and Emme and let the older kids go around another block in our neighborhood alone. My kids were so stoked to be able to go alone! This was the first year I have let them do that, but I figured that they were in a group of 8 people, I knew the houses and the block they would be on, and I had given them a phone to carry just in case they needed it, so why not.
This was my first year passing out candy and I was really amazed at the number of kids who came by. When I had gotten home, Scott had already given out all of the candy I had for him, given out all the candy the kids had gotten at the trunk-or-treat on Saturday, and he was scrounging around handing out anything and everything he could! I had to break into my hidden candy stash in my closet to help tide us over the night! There were more than 300 kids who came trick-or-treating to our house!! When I asked the neighbors if that was normal they told us that our neighborhood is the Halloween neighborhood for our city and all the kids from around town come here. Some of the neighbors spent $100 on candy in preparation! Yikes!
No comments:
Post a Comment