(Editor's Note - for some reason blogger is randomly adding hyper links all throughout the posts lately and I can't figure out how to turn them off...it is SO annoying! I have reworded and reworded it trying to take away whatever keywords they are grabbing on to, but it just keeps moving the links to new words. So ignore any links that might show up...they are dumb blogger ads that need to be ignored! And if anyone in bloggerland knows how to turn this function off, PLEASE let me know!)
We love October around our house. Halloween time is so much fun - the weather changes and gets chillier, the thrill of the scare is in the air, and knowing that a bowlful of candy will be here at the end of the month all help to add to the excitement around our house!
Saturday was the Trunk-or-Treat at our church and the kids had a great time at it. Not only was it a Halloween celebration, but they got to take their Grandpa to it with them so that made it extra special! I was in charge of the decorating and activities at it, so I was a stress case for a while, but it all went fairly smoothly and all the kids who came seemed to have a great time.
Here are just some quick shots of the kids costumes they wore that night that they will be wearing tonight to go trick-or-treating. Only, since there is a 75% chance of rain, they will be wearing rain coats over their costumes and will be carrying umbrellas along with their trick-or-treating sacks!
Owen looked so cute as a little scarecrow - no crow would be scared of his cute face!
Garrett wanted to make his own costume this year, so he came up with Super Garrett - protector of everything and saver of the world. Too funny! Emmett was so enamored with Garrett and has been calling him a super hero all week long! Later on that night, someone asked him if the GF on his costume stood for Granite Falls Guy; Garrett just went along with it and found another pseudonym for his alter ego!
Duncan went as Eeyore but refused to ever stand still to let me get a good shot of him.
And this was my costume. The last time I wore it was when I was pregnant with Emmett, and for some reason I had tucked it away in my maternity clothes...not knowing that there would ever be another Halloween where I was pregnant. We had found out what this baby was a couple of weeks before but wouldn't tell anyone other than family what it was and told them that my costume would be the answer. Either a bow in the hair, or a bow tie around the neck. Yep, it's another boy! The best thing about this costume is that all the bones glow in the dark!
And this was as dressed up as Scottie would go. He said he was Grizzly Adams, and by the end of the night he was as loopy as Mad-Eye Moody and he put the crazy eyes in to prove it.
Then today we worked on carving pumpkins. Only Owen and Emmett were able to finish theirs because Teagan and Garrett had research papers due before Trick-or-treating time, so they missed out on the carving fun.
Emme wanted Spiderman on his pumpkin and the initials S.M. So that's what I tried to do.
Not too bad...
Owen was more independent and only needed a little help at times. He gutted it himself, pre-poked the design in, and did all the big carving.
His is called Rise and Shine and is supposed to look like a vampire coming out of his coffin. I think he did pretty good!
Now we are off to go get dressed again for tonight's trick-or-treating around the neighborhood and to let Garrett carve his pumpkin while I finish toasting the pumpkin seeds and make a Ghosts in the Graveyard dinner (It's almost like a 7 layer dip made to look like a graveyard! Super cute and easy!). We already hit all the coffee shops in town at lunchtime and the kids scored full size candies and a nice hot chocolate!
We love Halloween!
No comments:
Post a Comment