Thursday, April 9, 2009

All muscles and curls

I love Scottie's hair. He didn't start out with a whole lot, and eventually he may not end up with a whole lot (if he follows his dad's pattern) but what he has now I absolutely love! (Looking at his baby picture you can see part of why our babies plump up! Don't you just want to kiss those chubby little fingers of his?!)
He has beautiful Sampson-like curls (to go along with all of his hulking muscles) that are wonderful to run your fingers through and to play with. This is a picture of him when he was around 11 or 12. (Isn't he adorable?!!!)When he was a lot younger, he had platinum blonde hair and his mom let his curls grow out long and he was the envy of every aunt and woman he came near. But somewhere along the line, those lovely locks caused some sort of trauma to my would-be man and he now hates his curls with a vengeance! He calls it a white-man's afro, but I love playing with them when he lets them grow out! With all of his siblings, as soon as they hit their teens, their curls got tighter. The girls both loved it, and the boys despised it.

Before any of our kids were born I used to try and imagine what they would look like. I imagined, no fantasized, Teagan with my brown hair and his curls. His blue eyes and my tan skin. Well, we got the blue eyes and the tan right with her, but no curls. No curls on any of the kids actually, despite my desire to have a curly topped baby. But with Emmett there might be a spark of hope! Any amount of moisture on his little head makes his hair spring up into the cutest little duck-tail curls! Sweating... bath time... any moisture and *SPRING*!
So here are some pictures of Emmett's muscles to go along with his curls. He's going to grow up to be a Sampson-man just like his daddy! This is his pose he takes whenever we are changing clothes on the floor - I don't know what kind of reflex it is.... maybe the MuscleMan Reflex... but it makes us laugh whenever we see him strike it!
"Diapers of the world, fear me!"

2 comments:

Laura said...

Little Jason always did this pose too! We called it his bow and arrow pose :)

Klin said...

That's quite a Tae Bo move he's got there.

Baldness runs through the mother's side. So Scott's likelihood of being folically challenged is based on his maternal grandfather ;)

Aren't you glad I knew that piece of trivia.