It worked for about the first 10 minutes, then Owen was antsy again. Luckily I had some chewing gum in my diaper bag that could keep him occupied for a while!
There were only three kids from her class who showed up for this concert and 7 from the other class; so 10 total orchestra members were there. She did wonderfully. Her class of three did 2 songs alone, then both classes did two songs together, and finally the other class did 2 songs by themselves. It was short, sweet, and great!
The elementary chorus was also performing right after the orchestra. They sang 4 songs and then did an award ceremony... a very long award ceremony. After handing out their awards they took a 5 minute intermission... and we took that opportunity to exit stage left!
We are really proud of her hard work and dedication. We are starting her in a home school orchestra tomorrow, along with Garrett, and we will see how that one will go. She is also taking a two week violin camp this June, which she is excited for. The students who participated in the county performance were offered the camp for free, so we figured "Why not!" She is wanting to switch to the viola because she knows that less people play that instrument, so trying to use it to get into future orchestras or into college orchestra will be less competitive... I knew she enjoyed playing, I just didn't know she was thinking that far ahead! We'll see how that plays out; we own 3 violins... and no violas!
1 comment:
Way to go Teagan!! I didn't know you played the violin, how fantastic! Good luck with the viola, it's always fun to switch instruments around and see what you like best! I did the same thing with the clarinet - I played the regular clarinet for a year, then I switched to the bass clarinet. It was bigger and heavier, but I loved it - and I was usually the only one (or one of 2) playing it.
Post a Comment