Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Emmett's big boy clothes

It is so unfair that the nine months you are pregnant seem to pass by so slowly sometimes, and when your kids are bigger, the days seem to go on forever. But when your baby is little, time seems to ignore any rational schedule and it flies by without you getting a chance to breathe it all in.

Emmett is now almost 2 and a half months old... how in the world did that ever happen?! And, true to form, he is chunking out quite nicely like all my babies have! So this weekend I was moving all his 0-3 month clothes out of his drawer and moving some 3-6 month clothes in. I had already taken out all of his newborn, newborn clothes.... you know the bag-a-babies and some preemie clothes that fit him. But now he is in a whole new age bracket, and with that move, his clothing style moved from being that newborn-cutsie look, to being more trendy and big kid-ish.

Today he put on his first pair of blue jeans and a way cute layered shirt to match. He looked so old in his button-up, collared shirt and jeans that I had to take some quick pictures and blog about it. My baby is becoming a man...well, maybe not a man, but he's growing up way too fast all the same!
He is still such a wonderful little man! On his bad nights, we only get a 5 hour stretch of sleep, good nights being 8 hours. He wakes up cooing and smiling and laughing at whatever angels or dust particles are floating by him at that moment. He loves being around people, but when he wants to take a nap, he prefers to be left alone to go asleep by himself! (I have NEVER had a kid do that before!) He is such a pleasant little guy, always happy, easy going, and usually smiling. I love all of his expressions he makes - they crack us all up! Owen loves singing to him when he is fussy and is convinced that his singing can cure any ailment Emmett has! Tummy bubbles? Owen's got a song for that. Hungry? There's a song for that. Got a slight case of the evening fussies? Yes, there's a song for that too! Owen absolutely LOVES being a big brother now, and I am so glad! I was worried those first couple of days, but that fear has now dissipated. And Teagan and Garrett love holding Emmett and making him smile. Isn't it amazing how good making a baby smile makes you feel?! It is like an instant high! So here is one last fix from my Emmett drug - even just seeing his cute little smile in pictures makes me feel better!

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Such a cute little man! He is getting so big so fast!!

Leatha said...

He is so so adorable! I am getting excited to see him live and in person. He is such a handsome little man.