Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Revealing

Owen's last couple of steri-strips finally came off tonight. They needed a little encouragement from me, but they came. They had pulled away from the scar, but were still pretty well glued to the hair on his head and face. I also ended up trimming a lot of the hair that was glued to his face after the strips were removed.
It didn't turn out to be as thin of a scar as expected, but I think that is due to the strep infection he got in it. But it isn't as deep and gaping as it would have been without the stitches, so I think in the long run we are still ahead! I tried to tell him that he was half of Harry Potter, but he didn't agree with me. He thinks his scar is pretty cool stuff! He is such a boy, through and through!

1 comment:

Nikki said...

It's a manly scar! (Just tell Owen he only needs 1 manly scar, so that's enough, he can be nice and safe now!)