Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Another Granny-ism - Wells Fargo

setting: Granny and Aunt S are sitting in the drive up lane at Aunt S's bank - Wells Fargo

Granny - What is this?
Aunt S - Wells Fargo
Granny - Isn't that in South Dakota?
Aunt S - FARGO is the city in North Dakota, this is a bank - Wells Fargo
Granny - They're from North Dakota?
Aunt S - No, this isn't Fargo, it's Wells Fargo - it used to be a stage coach, then a money delivery firm, then a bank. Wells Fargo. I believe they are headquartered in Denver.
Granny- They aren't in North Dakota?
Aunt S - Well, they probably are, they are everywhere now.
Granny - I thought you said they weren't from Fargo.

Aunt S could see that this conversation was going nowhere, and fortunately the teller interrupted this stimulating conversation.

Aunt S wrote us when telling us this story, "I'm not exactly sure how Mom is processing information, but I think her mother-board needs tightening!"

1 comment:

Smithclan said...

having lived in "Fargo" myself...I Loved this story...Keep them coming! Made me smile! Happy Birthday Kristina!!!