Sunday, March 20, 2011

My Sweetie takes good care of me!

As I was sitting here at the computer working on the papers I need to take to church today, I had Scott in the kitchen working on getting breakfast lined up for everyone and helping get the kids ready for church.

He made one of his favorite, quick-and-easy, foods: scrambled eggs with cheese, but today he also threw in some left-over rice that he fried. The kids love eggs plain or with bar-b-que sauce, he loves them with cayenne pepper sauce, and I can't stand them at all. I hate almost everything egg-y. The smell, the taste, the papery film they leave in a ring on the pan when you cooked them, that weird plasmoid state that one part of the yolk is that never wants to mix... eggs and I just don't mesh unless they are going in cookies, crepes, or baked goods :-)

But I didn't say anything about the terrible smell that now filled our house that I was worried we were all going to go to church smelling like, or the dread I felt at eating scrambled eggs, because he was after all being such a good guy and doing all the domestic things while I finished my computer work.

So breakfast prayer was said and then he brought me my breakfast at the computer so I could keep working: a cup of yogurt with granola and fresh strawberries in it!

I love my sweetie!

1 comment:

Mom said...

You never have liked eggs! Even when you were little. But, I think Scott figured that one out a while ago. He WAS being sweet to you by remembering.