Then imagine all the things I could do!
While Me One did the teaching
Me Two could be bleaching.
But why stop there, at only one more?
What more could get done with a Me Three and Me Four?
The floors could be mopped and the toilets get scrubbed,
Trash cans all emptied, and the baby in the tub.
If I added a Five, and maybe a Six,
I could learn some new skills, and maybe some tricks!
I've always wanted to learn how to ski,
Perhaps that could be done by a seventh Me.
Me Eight and Me Nine could work as a team.
Together they could finish getting the house clean.
With Ten and Eleven right by my side,
We could get all the gardening done outside.
But I wonder if I might get confused,
Which is Me Seven and Which is Me Two?
And who would my kids go for hugs and for kisses?
What other great things would the real me misses?
Maybe so many Me-s is not a good thing,
Maybe too many cooks cooking too many things.
Our three bedroom house might get a little tight,
And Which me would Scott kiss good night?
This multi Me idea, I'm starting to hate!
I'm crushing the idea before it's too late!
I want all the kisses, and all of the tears,
I want all the memories throughout all the years.
So tonight as I lay myself down in my bed,
With tomorrow's to-do list in my head,
I'll be happy that I am the one and the only,
Just me, only me, as my kids' Mommy.
The previous nonsense was in honor of Dr. Seuss' Birthday! We love Dr. Seuss around our house and celebrate the fun-ness that he imagined up! We always have Green Eggs and Ham and read far too many Seuss books to keep straight thoughts going on in our heads. (we often spend the day in nonsense rhyming!)
"I meant what I said, I said what I meant, an elephant's faithful 100%'" Horton Hatches the Egg
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." The Lorax
"Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than you."
"Congratulations! Today is your day. you're off to great places, You're off and away! You have brains in your head and feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose." Oh The Places You'll Go
"I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!"
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter."
2 comments:
LOVE the poem Kristina! You're so talented. Have you all added this to your posters? Love the whole day activites.
Was impressed with the blog and the pictures of you,
with the kids and the hats and I like the rhymes too!
But don't like the idea of more than one you.
You're unique and a treasure-a number 1--not a 2!!!
You bring joy and love and light to our lives.
Besides, what would Scott do with all of those wives?
Stay as you are and don't wish for more.
The work will get done, from ceiling to floor.
The fairies will come and handle the chores.
So, sit back, and relax!! And make the kids S'mores!!
Post a Comment