Monday, March 28, 2011

Owen's new heavy metal

Boy versus Bookcase
I have this working theory about Owen's only injuries ever being head injuries, and that his greatest of injuries tend to involve Garrett and/or some of his 'greatest' ideas. Today is another tally mark for that theory. While they were "doing laundry" in the front room (ha ha ha to how much work was really being done), it somehow also involved wrapping Owen like a mummy in a blanket. And according to Owen, Garrett said, "Okay Owen, I'm going to let go of you now..." and down he went, wrapped in a blanket like a hotdog in a very confining bun. The bookcase was there to cushion his fall...only his head got in the way. Owen was immediately forgiving of Garrett and told him over and over, "I know you didn't mean for this to happen.... you'd never want to hurt me... it's not your fault." He was SO brave at the doctor's office. He got all five staples without any numbing gel or litacaine. He didn't even flinch or squeeze one single tear out!! And since he was so amazing, the doctor gave him three little toys and I stopped and got him a root beer float on the way home!
I think he is getting used to the pain!

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Oh my gosh!! Poor guy! But what a brave little man to get those staples without numbing gel - much braver than most grownups! Big hugs to you all!!