un-birthday gifts as well!) Then on Monday, we got a very lovely American Flag package envelope in the mail for Owen. Inside it was... his beloved blankie that had been lost for over a week.
And then today we got a delicious package in the mail from our wonderful Aunt Annike - three packages of Percy Pigs (very yummy English gummies in the shape of a pig heads and made with real fruit juice so mom's like me and pretend they are slightly healthy!) and loads and loads of Cadbury English chocolate bars! (English chocolate is made with less wax than American chocolate so it just melts in your mouth! mmmm!!) I can't wait for the mail tomorrow ~ hopefully this trend will continue! I would have loved to have taken pictures of Owen opeining his package and then again of the kids hugging their bags of Percy Pigs, but sadly, my camera has had to take a two week long
trip to the doctor for repairs :-( I noticed it was having problems during my last wedding shoot that I did; the pictures from it had random speckles in them and that the camera had a shaking noise occasionally. When Scott checked it for me, a piece fell out of the lens and got lost! Yikes! It turns out that the piece that fell out is indeed a needed part of the camera - who would have thought! So, here I sit, cameraless for two whole weeks with all sorts of great blogging picture opportunities around me and no way to fill them! Oh, well, I have plenty of pics from last week to fill the two weeks (and there is always google image to help fill in the gaps as well!)
trip to the doctor for repairs :-( I noticed it was having problems during my last wedding shoot that I did; the pictures from it had random speckles in them and that the camera had a shaking noise occasionally. When Scott checked it for me, a piece fell out of the lens and got lost! Yikes! It turns out that the piece that fell out is indeed a needed part of the camera - who would have thought! So, here I sit, cameraless for two whole weeks with all sorts of great blogging picture opportunities around me and no way to fill them! Oh, well, I have plenty of pics from last week to fill the two weeks (and there is always google image to help fill in the gaps as well!) Okay, back to explaining my great mail week - Okay, last Thursday was a WONDERFUL day for me. The kids and I spent most of the day up in Sandy visiting my life-long best friend Jennifer. She was in town helping a family member who had just had a baby. It is very rare (unfortunately) that she and I get to see each other, so whenever either of us gets within a couple hours of each other, we willingly
make the drive to have a visit! She and her hubby and their adorable little girl live in Oregon now. This is a pic of her daughter, Bridget Nicole. Isn't she a cutie?! Jenn and I had planned on marrying twin brothers and living next door to each other for the rest of our lives and fencing in both back yards together so our kids could play together all day long, but as is too often the case, a couple of ten year old's dreams rarely come to be! At least now we are both on the same side of the country! (You have to look at the silver lining wherever you can find it!) Anyways, while visiting, Owen accidentally misplaced his favorite blanket and when it was time for us to leave, it was no where to be found. He cried for about 5 minutes before he crashed asleep. He wanted it the next morning, but when we talked about him losing it, he was okay with the fact the Jenn was looking for it. I think I was more upset about it being lost than he was - I was thinking about it's sentimental value and all. But, the faith and prayers of a three-year-old prevailed and Jenn was able to find it before she flew back home on Friday. She took it with her and mailed it back to Owen. He was so excited to have it he hugged "her" (for some reason, Blankie is a girl) and talked to her. His conversation was something like this, "Blankie, there you are, I was so worried about you! I had to drive away and leave you in that house. I missed you so much! I'm so glad you came home, did you miss me too? I knew you would come home. You missed going to grandma's house with me. Where did you hide? That was a good hiding spot. Oh Blankie, I love you! I'm sorry I left you alone" He actually went on for about 4-5 minutes talking to his blanket... it was very cute! He had made the week without blanket fine, he didn't throw any fits over her; whenever he asked about it, I woud remind him what had happened and he would sadly accept it. He had taken a replacement blanket to Grandma's and his dogs had consoled him. But when he was reunited with his blanket, it seemed as though the planets righted themselves again and all was right with his world!
make the drive to have a visit! She and her hubby and their adorable little girl live in Oregon now. This is a pic of her daughter, Bridget Nicole. Isn't she a cutie?! Jenn and I had planned on marrying twin brothers and living next door to each other for the rest of our lives and fencing in both back yards together so our kids could play together all day long, but as is too often the case, a couple of ten year old's dreams rarely come to be! At least now we are both on the same side of the country! (You have to look at the silver lining wherever you can find it!) Anyways, while visiting, Owen accidentally misplaced his favorite blanket and when it was time for us to leave, it was no where to be found. He cried for about 5 minutes before he crashed asleep. He wanted it the next morning, but when we talked about him losing it, he was okay with the fact the Jenn was looking for it. I think I was more upset about it being lost than he was - I was thinking about it's sentimental value and all. But, the faith and prayers of a three-year-old prevailed and Jenn was able to find it before she flew back home on Friday. She took it with her and mailed it back to Owen. He was so excited to have it he hugged "her" (for some reason, Blankie is a girl) and talked to her. His conversation was something like this, "Blankie, there you are, I was so worried about you! I had to drive away and leave you in that house. I missed you so much! I'm so glad you came home, did you miss me too? I knew you would come home. You missed going to grandma's house with me. Where did you hide? That was a good hiding spot. Oh Blankie, I love you! I'm sorry I left you alone" He actually went on for about 4-5 minutes talking to his blanket... it was very cute! He had made the week without blanket fine, he didn't throw any fits over her; whenever he asked about it, I woud remind him what had happened and he would sadly accept it. He had taken a replacement blanket to Grandma's and his dogs had consoled him. But when he was reunited with his blanket, it seemed as though the planets righted themselves again and all was right with his world! Onto my package of yummie chocolates. My best buddy Annike married a wonderful Welshman a couple of years ago and moved to England with him. Since then, I have had my own supplier of sorts! She has
kept my pantry stocked with her favorite English treats - Percy Pigs and chocolate - which have now become our favorite English treats! She and I have always shared a deep love for chocolate, so when she was introduced to the English version, she knew I would agree with her new found love also! And for the past two years, ocassionally in the mail I would find a package with her beautiful handwriting on it bearing delicious gifts :-) And since the kids aren't old enough to really, fully appreciate the wonders of her chocolates, I put them high in the pantry and ration them out to myself to make them last until the next joyous mail gifts some! It is with mixed emotions that I await her move at the end of this month. Part of me is excited that she and Patrick get to move to Australia for a new job for him, and part of me is very sad tht my English supplier will be going out of business and I will no longer have any English connections! I am excited though to see what yummie Aussie treats can be found (again with the silver lining!)
kept my pantry stocked with her favorite English treats - Percy Pigs and chocolate - which have now become our favorite English treats! She and I have always shared a deep love for chocolate, so when she was introduced to the English version, she knew I would agree with her new found love also! And for the past two years, ocassionally in the mail I would find a package with her beautiful handwriting on it bearing delicious gifts :-) And since the kids aren't old enough to really, fully appreciate the wonders of her chocolates, I put them high in the pantry and ration them out to myself to make them last until the next joyous mail gifts some! It is with mixed emotions that I await her move at the end of this month. Part of me is excited that she and Patrick get to move to Australia for a new job for him, and part of me is very sad tht my English supplier will be going out of business and I will no longer have any English connections! I am excited though to see what yummie Aussie treats can be found (again with the silver lining!)
2 comments:
With all the Brits down in Australia, I'm sure I can find some Cadbury or Galaxy bars! If not, I'll find some yummy Aussie chocolate and fun candy for my favorite family!
xoxo, A.A.
Wow what a week! Isn't it crazy that we didn't look under the bed for the blanket? I mean, beds are always snaching things and hiding them when people aren't looking. I'm sure a full length cartoon could be created all about crazy beds that have property issues!
I'm so glad we found it and so glad we spent that wonderful day with you and your kids. It was such a natural thing to be around you with my family that I just KNOW something special existed between us in or pre-life and will always be there for us!
Love you...and Owen, tell your blanket I said hello. We miss her too, we did have her for over a week after all. (sorry about that!)
Post a Comment