Thursday, March 27, 2008

My great mail week continues!

I love birthday weeks! They really make you feel loved! My great mail week just keeps on going and it is great fun :-) Today's mail consisted of, first off, no medical bills (or even any bills for that matter!), no junk mail (that was yesterday), and no credit card offers. What it bounty it did hold was our Ensign and Friend (of which we have to paper, rock, scissor it to see who gets to read them first), a Ranger Rick magazine for the kids (which made it much easier with there being two magazines delivered today and two kids wanting to be the first to read one or the other), and FIVE envelopes for me!!! Garrett was so excited to bring me all my letters!

Three of those envelopes were cards were from my bestest bud, Annike. I'm not sure why there were three, maybe one representing each decade of my life, but I think it is probably because when she went card shopping she couldn't decide on which one she liked better, so she sent all three! Either way, I loved getting them all and I laughed at how much her personality comes through in her choice of cards! I would really have loved to post a picture of them, but once again, I am cameraless. Just know that she has one of the funniest sense of humor I have ever met! (And Annike, I don't mind growing old with you as long as I get to sit in the cool side car!) And thanks for not razzing me about being 30 ~ you know your birthday is just around the corner in a couple of months and you will be as old as me once again!

Another card was from my Dad. Everyone knows if a card is rfom him right away before even looking at the return address and loves getting cards from him. He has a habit of taping a cartoon on the outside of the envelope for you to read before you open your card. We all love getting his cute little funnies. I am sure somewhere in his desk there is a drawer just full of cartoon clippings from the newspaper that he uses for his letters!

The last was a letter from my mom. Non birthday related, she just sent me some family history names and a yummy recipe for homemade Rice-A-Roni. She even decorated the envelope with colorful dot stickers and made it looke very cute; and it added to my fun day filled with plenty of mail with my name handwritten on them!

So, tomorrow is Friday, and I am expecting my good luck with the mail to start to run out soon. I am ready to slip back into the ho-hum life of medical bills from last year, credit card applications that I send back filled with other junk mail (I am trying to keep my mail man busy, if they want to keep sending me junk mail, then it is the least I can do to repay their kindness the same way!) and store ads from around town. But, once again, my birthday week has given me a week of excitement when checking the mail and giggles about the choices of cards people gave me. So I can ride through another 365 days of blah mail until this week comes around again and I can once again look forward to Birthday Week Mail!

2 comments:

Nikki said...

I'm glad you liked the cards! (Of course you can ride in the side car!) I sent three cause I liked all three and really, who says you should just get one card on your birthday? What if you want to send 2 cards? Or 4 or 5? I was making a stand on behalf of everyone who feels confined by the one-card rule! Hurrah!! And happy birthday!!!

John and Jamie said...

Happy Late Birthday. I happy to hear you had a good week I always love getting mail my self. Epically email. Sorry to hear about your camera I don't know what I do with out mine. I all ways have it with me no madder were I go. Good luck getting it fixed.