I was wanting to post another video tonight, but Scottie isn't home to instruct me, and the clip I wanted has already been burned to a DVD and I don't know how to pull things in from DVDs! So, I'll see if he can show me that trick later on this week after his Chemistry mid-terms. (Right now his brain is sort of a mush-like area that is only retaining the short term info he needs for his exam!)
So, instead I thought I would post a funny picture from this last October. This was taken when we were doing Garrett's birthday service project for a lady in Pleasant Grove. We had all been working on her fence all morning long and we wanted to take some pictures of what we had been doing to show her since she was at work while we were there. When the pictures were loaded there was something strange about them... there were 4 kids in the picture, not three!

This was shortly after Owen had fallen and hit his head in the grocery store on the 8th of October, resulting in him having a concussion and short-term memory amnesia. Both things that would resolve themselves in time and the most obvious side effect of those things was that he had been acting like a completely different little boy; but, this picture proved that he wasn't just
acting, but that he
was a completely different little boy! I'm not quite sure how his personalities split and then manifested themselves in two different bodies, but I know that one of those little boys was a cuddly, saint-like creature, while the other one was a ball of fire! (Lucky for me, in this picture I have the shy, calm, cuddly one!) The good news is that his double personalities have once again fused into one body (again, I don't know how or exactly when it happened, he just woke up one normal little boy one day), and now they can only be seen every so often. But they are both there, wrapped up in his little three-year old body, lurking under the surface. And some times you never know which one is going to be the dominant :-)

3 comments:
I remember that picture - I couldn't figure it out at all!
I'm excited you're doing the Hinckley Challenge too..and a little embarrassed that I'm not further along - shame on me! Better get reading...love, Annike
Is that photo shop magic? That is pretty funny!
Between you and Aubrey I am now scared of Jane growing up. I have noticed the third child pattern in families. The third child gives the parents a run for their money and the real busy ones favorite color is yellow. Lauren(Aub's third and Owen are kindred spirits-- or both have split personalities I am now scared of Jane growing up so now I guess I will just relish in and soak in all her cuteness and sweetness and pray for the best.
what's with the post authur approval thing?
Post a Comment